Monday 27 February 2012

Appreciation for junk food of the past

Childhood.

Seems so long ago.

It was only 18 years and 3 months ago that i was born into this world.


And about 12 years ago that i looked like this.













I know.


I was adorable.


ANYWAY


When i think of childhood, one thing comes to mind.


JUNK FOOD!!!


So knowing me, i came up with the top 8 junk food that reminds me of childhood.
(Wanted to make it a top 10 but couldn't think of 2 more) 




8. HAW FLAKES.










I lived and breathed haw flakes (or some may refer to it as san cha) when i was young.


A clever concoction of flavouring and sugar.


Cut into perfect round slices of heaven.


 Has the perfect balance between sour and sweet.




7. ROUND BISCUITS WITH COLOURFUL ICING.












Honestly these biscuits were definitely my little kiddy guilty pleasure.


When i see the multicoloured icing i go










There was a distinct way in which i would eat it.


1. Choose a biscuit with pink icing.


2. Bite off the icing and eat it.


3. Reluctantly eat the tasteless round biscuit.


I'm sure that's how most people eat it too.




6.  M & M's








You see my dad's a doctor.


So every now and then he'll give us jabs or in other words, injections.


When he pulls out the needle and tries to corner us, we'd just run for the hills.








In order to console our weary spirits and comfort our swollen, throbbing arm after the jab, we'd get M&M's.




5. FLYING FISH BISCUITS.













I used to be thrilled by the sheer thought of eating little fishes.


They aren't very tasty but something about it is so addictive.


Its shape may have something to do with it.




4. SOUR PLUM SWEET.








THESE WERE THE BOMB.


I'm always flabbergasted every time i eat one of these.


No matter how many times i've eaten them before.




3. CHOCOLATE KINDER EGG.








These were probably a later part of my childhood.


But still.


Even though the toys inside the egg were lousy as shit in quality, yet i still pestered my mum to buy them because of the surprise inside.


Yes, we kids do love surprises.




2. TRIX CEREAL.












I consider this junk food because of its high content in sugar and colouring.


To make my mum buy this, you would need persuasive skills.


A LOT OF IT.


Which unfortunately i didn't have as a kid.


My form of persuasion was yelling, screaming and crying.




1. COLOURFUL FROZEN STICKS.








Oh gosh.


This pretty much sums up my whole childhood.


Sucking on those frozen sticks of sweet, colourful, flavoured water was magical.


Especially when one decides to split this stick and share it with their friend.


Twisting the middle of the stick and taking the risk of being sprayed at by the melted, flavoured water was worth it.




All these food make me nostalgic when i eat them.


Cheers to the joys of junk food!

4 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHA THAT PICTURE :DDD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's the only kid picture i have of me now that's why:P

      Delete
    2. not complaining, i actually really like that picture hahahahahaha so hampole

      Delete