Tuesday 20 March 2012

Perfection Smerfection


Nobody's perfect.

Or in the words of Hannah Montana,

"NOBODY'S PERFECT! I GOTTA WORK IT! AGAIN AND AGAIN 'TIL I GET IT RIGHT!!"



Couldn't resist not putting this picture up.




Though we often chant the phrase "nobody's perfect"  with nonchalance, yet something about that phrase irritates me sometimes.

Why?

Although the message of that phrase is laid out loud and clear, yet i still can't seem to grasp it.

I am a perfectionist.

Let me say it again.

I AM A PERFECTIONIST.

Pretty hard to tell especially when i look so sweet and innocent.






Joking by the way.

I am not particularly proud of this trait of mine, but i have this incessant need for everything to either be perfect, precise, equal and even.

With this said, stress for me comes as often as bad hair days (which is pretty often i can say).

I'm sure that many times we find ourselves in an alternate reality with the perception that in order to succeed, we must strive for perfection.






I know i do.

Especially when it comes to being perfect at everything and anything i do.

Speaking from the point of view of a perfectionist, it feels like someone is punching me in the gut with outrageous ferocity while squirting pepper spray into my Asian eyes every time i can't excel in something (sorry for the exaggeration).

And others do.

It's just that desperate need for me to be perfect in everything i do that clouds reality

because in reality, 

NO ONE can be perfect in everything.

Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses.

We just have to play by each other's strengths and weaknesses in order to get by.



Yes i'm feeling a bit inspirational today.




I'm still trying to tell myself that (and make myself believe it), but one step at a time baby.

As they say in interventions, the first step to recovery is acknowledgement!

So congratulations to me for successfully completing the first step:)


No comments:

Post a Comment