Wednesday 15 August 2012

Control thyself

Mark my words people.


Self-control is NOT my strong suit.

Everyday we fight against so many temptations.

Whether it is fighting against unhealthy sugar-coated cravings or trying to walk away from ginormous sales,

we will ALWAYS be surrounded by temptations.

The question is 

to succumb to temptations or to simply walk away from them?


My pathetic poker face every time I battle with temptations in my mind.



Have you ever spotted a girl who runs like a headless chicken into a shop and grabs whatever clothes she likes (provided that the clothes are of reasonable price) while giggling like a fool at how much she managed to save from the discounts?

Well that girl would be me.




Discounts are a scam! A black hole I say! Shield your eyes from them before it's too late! While business men are busy scheming with all the discounts and promotions, fools like us are mindlessly spending everything we have.

All for what? Because we save money on discounts?

THAT'S WRONG ON SO MANY LEVELS. WE ARE FOOLED INTO THINKING THAT WE SAVE MONEY WHEN IN FACT WE SPEND MUCH MORE THAN WE SHOULD BECAUSE WE'RE DELUDED BY THE SALES.


HAHAHAHA saliva strand.



Sorry I'm going cray cray.

On a serious note, temptations can be detrimental.

A crucial decision on whether to succumb or not to succumb to temptations must be made.

Why?

Because the outcome of a situation can weigh heavily on this decision.

In extremely serious situations, giving into temptations can wreck lives and create unnecessary havoc (alright maybe it's slightly exaggerated).

However, temptations can be thought of in a positive way as well.

For example, succumbing to temptation and treating yourself with an icy, creamy scoop of Baskin Robbins when everything feels like s***. (yes, censorship is necessary on my blog because one must be considerate of the adult viewers).

Alright maybe I'm speaking gibberish right now.

This post came about because I know I'm lousy with self-control.

Don't bother saying, " CONTROL YOURSELF WOMAN!!" to me 

because y'all know it ain't gonna work honey.

*snaps fingers and struts off like a diva*



No comments:

Post a Comment